If you are a senior accountant who is passionate about client service, has a track record and excellent knowledge of QuickBooks, and are looking to be part of a dynamic team, we should talk.
We are looking for a high energy team-player and a proven QuickBooks professional for a new opportunity in Morris County. We are seeking an individual who has a deep knowledge and experience using QuickBooks and other small business accounting packages to interface with our client and manages their day-to-day accounting.
If you have worked in an accounting firm but are tired of the long hours of the busy season, this opportunity may be for you.
As the Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for the overall bookkeeping, financial reporting, task delegation, and client service for our customers. You will be responsible for interfacing with the client’s staff, collaborating with other Seniors on managing the bookkeeping staff workload and ensuring the quality of the bookkeeping on your accounts.
The ideal candidate will have an accounting degree (CPA preferred) and experience in a small or regional accounting firm, working with small businesses and have a passion for excellent customer service. Initially the position will be working from your home, and eventually will be moving to our office at the end of the year.
This is a growth opportunity with a rapidly growing firm and requires that the candidate be able to manage multiple clients and projects at a given time while meeting closing deadlines and strict quality controls. If you do not meet the requirements below, please do not apply.
IN THIS ROLE THE CANDIDATE WILL
- Manage bookkeeping operations, ensuring bookkeeping staff is meeting client deadlines.
- Act as liaison between remote bookkeeping staff and clients. Monitor project management system, ensuring it is updated weekly and accurately reflects the status of projects.
- Ensure standardization of bookkeeping operations across accounts and enforcing SOPs.
- Maintain customer closing schedules and ensure deadlines are being met.
- Pinch-hit where needed and provide bookkeeping coverage for staff absences.
- Establish, review and enforce proper controls relating to bookkeeping operations.
- Review client’s financials at month-end for bookkeeping accuracy and reasonableness.
- Extremely organized
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Clean driving record
- Candidate will be required to pass a background check and drug screen
- Bachelors degree in accounting-Certified QB ProAdvisor or CPA a big plus
- 3-5 years of Full-charge bookkeeping experience (multiple industries preferred)
- Supervisory experience
- Experience using other accounting software packages also a plus (e.g. PeachTree, Timberline, MS Dynamics.
In order to be considered for this position please send your resume and cover letter, and answer the questions below:
**Applications without this information WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED**
- Please rate your level of experience using QuickBooks on a scale from 1-10 (10 being expert status.)
- Give us an example of an advanced function you use in QuickBooks and what you use it for.
- How would you rate your skills in Excel on a scale from 1-10? (10 being expert status.)
- Give us an example of an advanced function you use in Excel and what you use it for.
- What versions of QuickBooks have you used/ do you currently use?6. How far are you willing to travel to clients’ sites assuming you would be going 3-4 days a week?
- Why are you looking to move? What about our position appealed to you?
- Will you require health benefits? What are your salary requirements?
- Why do you think you are the best candidate for this position?
- What would you consider your greatest professional accomplishment and why?