EXPECTED HIRE DATE: 1-2 Weeks
We’re not looking for a bean-counting accountant. We’re looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced ever-changing environment and who is great with both clients and our staff. If you get excited by learning new things, and want to work with a dynamic, supportive team, and have exposure to many different companies AND have opportunities to grow professionally, we’d like to speak with you. We are a small but rapidly growing CFO/Controller and Accounting Consulting company seeking a Staff Accountant to handle the bookkeeping and day-to-day accounting transactions for our clients, from every day AR to making journal entries and accruals to creating supporting schedules. We’re growing fast and that means you will need to handle multiple accounts and juggle many priorities at a time, meeting closing deadlines and being accountable to the management team.
If you have experience working with many different companies, have had public accounting experience or have been a full-charge bookkeeper of a small business, this may be a good opportunity for you. If it sounds good so far, read on and let us know if this is you:
- You must thrive in a team environment, working with a tech-savvy, talented team, who you will support and learn from, and contribute great ideas to.
- You also like change– often quick changes– in strategy, approaches, and schedules, and be able to turn on a dime yet make the right decisions.
- You can handle curveballs and not get derailed. Nothing in our business or our clients ever seems to be straightforward 100% of the time. You need to be able to identify these anomalies, and attempt to come up with a solution before you approach your manager and implement it.
- You have a tremendous thirst for knowledge. You love learning from other people– those above you, next to you and below you. You know that everyone comes to the table with a unique talent and ability and you respect that.
- You are ambitious yet humble, in a spunky sort of way. You are always looking for ways to improve your work, what you do on a daily basis, to make it faster, more accurate and more timely. You are eager to share your learnings with the team.
- You have no problem rolling up your sleeves and helping out where needed. That means taking out the trash, ordering office supplies or making copies, OR solving for world peace, depending on the day.
- You eat messy books for breakfast. You find yourself rubbing your hands together and giggling with glee when you see messy financials and are tasked with unwinding them into understandable, usable financials that will make our clients sing your praises.
- You are a QuickBooks wiz. You’ve worked with QuickBooks desktop preferably, understanding how to handle everything from day-to-day entry to complex transactions.
- You are familiar with and can handle reconciliations, custom budget tracking spreadsheets and cash flow forecasts. In fact, you list these as hobbies you do in your spare time.
- You want to work side-by-side some of the most talented team members in the area. (If we do say so ourselves.) And that means you have to aspire to be part of a top-talented team, contributing to and supporting wherever needed. Clock-punchers need not apply.
- This position will start at 10-15 hours a week with the potential to go up to 30-35 hours a week or full time within a year.
- You also pay attention to detail and have no problems in following directions.
- If you have made it this far without being scared off, we’d like to speak with you.
- BS Accounting or Finance
- MBA Preferred
- 3-5 years Full-charge Bookkeeping experience
- QuickBooks: 3 years
- Experience in small to medium growing firms, with a progression of increasing responsibility
**REQUIRED LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION**
- CPA Preferred
In order to be considered for this position please upload your resume, cover letter and salary requirements: